• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
iNews Times
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • News
  • National
  • International
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • News
  • National
  • International
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

David Umahi Predicts 90% South-East Support for Bola Tinubu in 2027 ‎

‎2027 Presidency: South-East to Vote Overwhelmingly for Bola Tinubu — David Umahi

byChinenye Agu 🇳🇬
February 15, 2026
in Politics
David Umahi Predicts 90% South-East Support for Bola Tinubu in 2027  ‎

Share this

  • Facebook
  • X
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • LinkedIn
  • SMS
  • Telegram

‎…Umahi maintained that the time is not yet ripe for the South-East to produce Nigeria’s president

‎‎ENUGU, NIGERIA- The iNews Times | Engr. David Umahi, the Minister of Works, has declared that the South-East geopolitical zone will deliver 90 per cent of its votes to President Bola Tinubu in the February 20, 2027 presidential election.

‎Umahi made the remark on Saturday while inspecting projects at the Alaoji section of the Enugu–Port Harcourt Expressway. Umahi maintained that the time was not yet ripe for the South-East to produce Nigeria’s president and urged the region to adopt a strategic political approach.

‎The minister praised the president for executing major infrastructure projects in the South-East, warning that failing to strongly back Tinubu would not serve the region’s interests.

RelatedPosts

APGA Anambra Primaries 2026: Appeal Committee Clears 6 Aspirants Ahead of May 23 Contest

APC Abia Primaries 2026: Onyeije Rejects Result, Insists He Won Arochukwu/Ohafia Ticket

APC Nasarawa Primaries 2026: Speaker Danladi Jatau Loses Reps Ticket as Ogazi, Al-Makura, Al-Bashir Emerge Candidates

‎According to him, longstanding complaints of marginalisation in the zone have been addressed under the current administration.

‎“All the marginalisation we complain about has been addressed by the president. Unless we are not being truthful to ourselves, there is no more marginalisation in the South East,” he said.

‎Umahi described the appointment of a South-Easterner as Minister of Works as unprecedented, noting that the region had never previously held the position. He pointed to the ongoing reconstruction works from Port Harcourt to Enugu as evidence of the president’s commitment.

‎He added that during his tenure as Deputy Governor and later Governor for eight years, no federal road projects were awarded to his state, unlike the present administration which, he said, has initiated projects worth trillions of naira across the zone.

‎He further highlighted key federal appointments and legacy projects sited in the South-East, calling on the people of the region to support Tinubu and avoid making decisions based on sentiment. He also appealed to former Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, to acknowledge that it was not yet the South-East’s turn to produce the president.

‎Umahi assured the contractor handling the Enugu–Port Harcourt Expressway project of timely release of funds to ensure completion ahead of the president’s planned project tour of the South-East and South-South in May.

‎He commended Arab Contractors for their dedication, noting that the Federal Government inherited 2,068 ongoing projects valued at N19 trillion when Tinubu assumed office, prior to fuel subsidy removal and the depreciation of the naira.

‎Even after reprioritisation and rescoping, he said ongoing projects still stand at N16.9 trillion, excluding NNPC-related, legacy and private sector projects.

‎The minister explained that Arab Contractors had been migrated to Sukuk funding to ease financial constraints. Of the N8.3 billion allocated under Sukuk, he said the firm has N2 billion to claim, while 30 per cent of the 2025 budget allocation would be paid as directed by the president, with the remaining 70 per cent moved to 2026 beginning in April.

‎He disclosed that with N9 billion earmarked in the 2025 budget and outstanding payments, the contractor would receive about N4.7 billion immediately to facilitate completion of the project.

‎Providing technical details, Umahi said major works on the second carriageway toward Port Harcourt have been completed, leaving only the combined and wearing course. He revealed that the remaining service lane had been redesigned to include reinforced layers of lumps, sand, stone base, cement-treated stone base, and 20 centimetres of concrete, assuring that the road is structured to last up to 50 years.

‎The minister welcomed constructive criticism, urging Nigerians to visit project sites to assess progress themselves. He added that all projects had been submitted to the ICPC for evaluation to ensure transparency.

‎Umahi also inspected the Port Harcourt axis of the expressway being handled by an indigenous contractor.

‎Among those present during the inspection were the Senior Special Assistant to the President on the South-East, Barr. Chioma Nwaeze; the Project Manager for Arab Contractors, Mr. Mah Moud; and aides of the minister.

Chinenye Agu 🇳🇬

Chinenye Agu 🇳🇬

Related Posts

Soludo Swears-in 18 Commissioners, Launches ‘Team Solution 2.0’ in Anambra

Soludo Swears-in 18 Commissioners, Launches ‘Team Solution 2.0’ in Anambra

byAwesome Ekene
May 18, 2026
0

Soludo Inaugurates 18 Commissioners, Sets Agenda for Second Term. Governor urges prudence, synergy and accountability as new cabinet begins second-term...

Operation Guduma: FRSC Launches Crackdown on Fake Diplomatic Number Plates in Anambra

Operation Guduma: FRSC Launches Crackdown on Fake Diplomatic Number Plates in Anambra

byAwesome Ekene
May 18, 2026
0

FRSC Launches Operation Guduma to Tackle Overloading, Plate Abuse. Security-driven patrol begins in Awka as Corps warns offenders of stiff...

APGA Anambra Primaries 2026: Appeal Committee Clears 6 Aspirants Ahead of May 23 Contest

APGA Anambra Primaries 2026: Appeal Committee Clears 6 Aspirants Ahead of May 23 Contest

byChidinma Anyanwu
May 18, 2026
0

APGA Anambra Primaries 2026: Appeal Committee Clears Aspirants. Cleared contenders directed to collect nomination forms as party prepares for decisive...

APC Abia Primaries 2026: Onyeije Rejects Result, Insists He Won Arochukwu/Ohafia Ticket

APC Abia Primaries 2026: Onyeije Rejects Result, Insists He Won Arochukwu/Ohafia Ticket

byChidinma Anyanwu
May 18, 2026
0

APC Abia Primaries 2026: Onuoha-Kalu Challenges Arochukwu/Ohafia Result. Fresh dispute erupts in Abia as aspirant challenges declared outcome, appeal committee...

APC Nasarawa Primaries 2026: Speaker Danladi Jatau Loses Reps Ticket as Ogazi, Al-Makura, Al-Bashir Emerge Candidates

APC Nasarawa Primaries 2026: Speaker Danladi Jatau Loses Reps Ticket as Ogazi, Al-Makura, Al-Bashir Emerge Candidates

byAsabe Aliyu
May 18, 2026
0

APC Nasarawa Primaries 2026: Jatau, Two Lawmakers Lose Reps Tickets. Political upset rocks Nasarawa as serving lawmakers fail to secure...

World Communications Day 2026: Bishop Fagbohun Urges Journalists to Speak Truth to Power

World Communications Day 2026: Bishop Fagbohun Urges Journalists to Speak Truth to Power

byFemi Adeboye
May 17, 2026
0

World Communications Day 2026: Cleric Calls for Ethical Media Practice. Cleric says honesty remains Nigeria’s only path to justice, unity,...

Next Post
‎Tinubu Draws the Line: Reforms Are Here to Stay

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Sympathises with Traders After Kano Market Fire, Directs Probe ‎

Recommended

Terrorists in Northern Nigeria as 29 killed in Niger

29 Killed in Fresh Jihadist Attack During Baptism Ceremony

8 months ago
Cult War Resumes in Rivers, Claims Three Lives

Cult War Resumes in Rivers, Claims Three Lives

5 months ago

Popular News

  • Soludo Swears-in 18 Commissioners, Launches ‘Team Solution 2.0’ in Anambra

    Soludo Swears-in 18 Commissioners, Launches ‘Team Solution 2.0’ in Anambra

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Operation Guduma: FRSC Launches Crackdown on Fake Diplomatic Number Plates in Anambra

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • APGA Anambra Primaries 2026: Appeal Committee Clears 6 Aspirants Ahead of May 23 Contest

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • APC Abia Primaries 2026: Onyeije Rejects Result, Insists He Won Arochukwu/Ohafia Ticket

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • APC Nasarawa Primaries 2026: Speaker Danladi Jatau Loses Reps Ticket as Ogazi, Al-Makura, Al-Bashir Emerge Candidates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

About Us

We bring you the news....

Category

  • Agriculture
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Editorial
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • International
  • Metro
  • National
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • SouthEast Times
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Read Also…

  • Soludo Swears-in 18 Commissioners, Launches ‘Team Solution 2.0’ in Anambra
  • Operation Guduma: FRSC Launches Crackdown on Fake Diplomatic Number Plates in Anambra
  • APGA Anambra Primaries 2026: Appeal Committee Clears 6 Aspirants Ahead of May 23 Contest
  • APC Abia Primaries 2026: Onyeije Rejects Result, Insists He Won Arochukwu/Ohafia Ticket
  • APC Nasarawa Primaries 2026: Speaker Danladi Jatau Loses Reps Ticket as Ogazi, Al-Makura, Al-Bashir Emerge Candidates
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

© 2025 iTimes Media & Production Limited

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • News
  • National
  • International
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Metro

© 2025 iTimes Media & Production Limited