• About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
iNews Times
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • News
  • National
  • International
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • News
  • National
  • International
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home News

‎Thugs Abduct Mortuary Attendant, Stall Mass Burial in Benue

‎Benue Burial Ceremony Halted as Thugs Kidnap Mortuary Worker ‎

byChinenye Agu 🇳🇬
March 14, 2026
in News
‎Thugs Abduct Mortuary Attendant, Stall Mass Burial in Benue

Share this

  • Facebook
  • X
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • LinkedIn
  • SMS
  • Telegram

‎…the burial arrangements were disrupted when some thugs reportedly stormed the hospital, abducted the mortuary attendant, and locked up the mortuary,

‎‎BENUE, NIGERIA- The iNews Times | Thugs on Thursday abducted a mortuary attendant at NKST Hospital in Jato Aka, the headquarters of Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State, identified as MT Tiga, in an alleged attempt to stop a planned mass burial for victims of a bandit attack on the Tyungu Jam and Mbaav communities.

‎According to reports gathered by The iNews Times, the abduction prevented relatives of the victims from accessing the bodies deposited at the mortuary, as there was no official available to attend to them.

‎Bandits had earlier attacked Tyungu Jam and Mbaav in the Yaav and Mbadura council wards of Kwande LGA on March 5, killing several residents and leaving many others injured.

RelatedPosts

APC Primaries Crisis: Anambra House of Reps Elections Stall as Results Remain Unannounced After 5 Days

Anambra Industrial Agriculture Drive: Soludo Moves to Transform Food Security Through Large-Scale Farming

Anambra Police Rescue: Officers Revive Unconscious Man, as CP Pays School Fees for 5 Pupils

‎Reacting to the incident, Benue State Governor, Hyacinth Alia, condemned the killings as “senseless and barbaric.” In a statement issued by his media aide, Solomon Iorpev, the governor urged security agencies to track down and arrest those responsible.

‎It was further gathered that 11 victims were scheduled to be buried in a mass burial on Thursday, an event that had attracted mourners and priests from within and outside the state.

‎However, the burial arrangements were disrupted when some thugs reportedly stormed the hospital, abducted the mortuary attendant, and locked up the mortuary, preventing families from retrieving the bodies of their loved ones.

‎The Benue State chapter of the All Progressives Congress condemned the disruption by the thugs, describing it as disgraceful and alleging that the act was sponsored.

‎In a statement signed by the party’s publicity secretary, Daniel Ihomun, the APC said it received reports that sponsored thugs abducted the mortuary attendant and shut the facility in a bid to stop residents of Turan from conducting the mass burial for those killed in Mbachoon, Yaav District of Kwande LGA.

‎The party described the action as inhumane and an attempt to deny the community the right to mourn and bury their dead with dignity. It added that the people of Turan had the right to decide how to lay their loved ones to rest and to draw attention to the continued attacks they face from armed Fulani bandits.

‎While sympathising with the bereaved families and the Turan community, the party also commended Alex Barbir, who reportedly travelled from the United States to show solidarity with the community and witness the burial, while supporting efforts to bring international attention to the killings in Benue.

‎Also reacting, the President-General of Mdzough U Tiv Worldwide and former Comptroller-General of Prisons, Iorbee Ihagh, described the development as shameful.

‎He said many people had travelled long distances, including from outside the country, only to discover that the mortuary attendant was missing and the facility locked. Ihagh added that although some residents considered forcing the mortuary open, a priest advised them against doing so.

‎When contacted, the Chairman of Kwande Local Government Area, Neji Terhile, said those who organised the mass burial did not fully consider the security situation in the area.

‎He noted that some of the victims had already been buried, adding that organising a mass burial in such a volatile community could expose residents to further danger. According to him, the victims were attacked in their homes by suspected Fulani assailants, and gathering people for a mass burial under such conditions could become a “death trap.”

Chinenye Agu 🇳🇬

Chinenye Agu 🇳🇬

Related Posts

Kwankwaso Secretly Working for Tinubu’s Re-election – Kano Governor’s Aide Sparks Fresh Political Controversy Over 2027 Realignment

Kwankwaso Secretly Working for Tinubu’s Re-election – Kano Governor’s Aide Sparks Fresh Political Controversy Over 2027 Realignment

byAsabe Aliyu
May 20, 2026
0

Kwankwaso Secretly Working for Tinubu: Kano Aide Alleges 2027 Political Alignment. Explosive claims fuel speculation of behind-the-scenes alliances as Nigeria’s...

Deregistration of ADC and Other Parties: Court Fixes June 5 for Judgment as Abuja Legal Battle Intensifies

Deregistration of ADC and Other Parties: Court Fixes June 5 for Judgment as Abuja Legal Battle Intensifies

byAsabe Aliyu
May 20, 2026
0

Deregistration of ADC and Other Parties: Court Fixes June 5 for Judgment in Abuja Case. Federal High Court dismisses stay...

APC Primaries Crisis: Anambra House of Reps Elections Stall as Results Remain Unannounced After 5 Days

APC Primaries Crisis: Anambra House of Reps Elections Stall as Results Remain Unannounced After 5 Days

byChuks Collins, Awka
May 20, 2026
0

APC Primaries Crisis Deepens as Anambra House of Reps Results Remain Unannounced. Confusion deepens as appeal panel arrives Abuja, candidates...

Desmond Elliot Pulls Out of Lagos Re-Election Race Amid Alleged Intimidation Claims

Desmond Elliot Pulls Out of Lagos Re-Election Race Amid Alleged Intimidation Claims

byFemi Adeboye
May 20, 2026
0

Desmond Elliot Pulls Out of Lagos Assembly Re-Election Race Amid Allegations of Intimidation. Surulere lawmaker exits APC race, citing disruptions...

Anambra Industrial Agriculture Drive: Soludo Moves to Transform Food Security Through Large-Scale Farming

Anambra Industrial Agriculture Drive: Soludo Moves to Transform Food Security Through Large-Scale Farming

byAwesome Ekene
May 20, 2026
0

Anambra Industrial Agriculture Drive Gains Momentum With New Agro-Processing Plant. New agro-processing plant signals shift from subsistence farming to export-driven...

Anambra Tourism Development: Udoji Amedu Vows to Unlock Untapped Potentials Across State

Anambra Tourism Development: Udoji Amedu Vows to Unlock Untapped Potentials Across State

byAwesome Ekene
May 20, 2026
0

Anambra Tourism Development Gains Momentum as Amedu Takes Office. New Culture Commissioner pledges innovation under Soludo’s Solution 2.0 agenda.  ...

Next Post
Man Arraigned in Lagos for Allegedly Defiling Daughter  ‎

Man Arraigned in Lagos for Allegedly Defiling Daughter ‎

Recommended

‎FCT Council Poll: 3,345 BVAS Machines Deployed, Movement Banned

‎FCT Council Poll: 3,345 BVAS Machines Deployed, Movement Banned

3 months ago
‎El-Rufai Receives Condolences from Atiku, Tambuwal, Amaechi, Others

‎El-Rufai Receives Condolences from Atiku, Tambuwal, Amaechi, Others

2 months ago

Popular News

  • Kwankwaso Secretly Working for Tinubu’s Re-election – Kano Governor’s Aide Sparks Fresh Political Controversy Over 2027 Realignment

    Kwankwaso Secretly Working for Tinubu’s Re-election – Kano Governor’s Aide Sparks Fresh Political Controversy Over 2027 Realignment

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Deregistration of ADC and Other Parties: Court Fixes June 5 for Judgment as Abuja Legal Battle Intensifies

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • APC Primaries Crisis: Anambra House of Reps Elections Stall as Results Remain Unannounced After 5 Days

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Desmond Elliot Pulls Out of Lagos Re-Election Race Amid Alleged Intimidation Claims

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Anambra Industrial Agriculture Drive: Soludo Moves to Transform Food Security Through Large-Scale Farming

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

About Us

We bring you the news....

Category

  • Agriculture
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Editorial
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Headlines
  • Health
  • International
  • Metro
  • National
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • SouthEast Times
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Read Also…

  • Kwankwaso Secretly Working for Tinubu’s Re-election – Kano Governor’s Aide Sparks Fresh Political Controversy Over 2027 Realignment
  • Deregistration of ADC and Other Parties: Court Fixes June 5 for Judgment as Abuja Legal Battle Intensifies
  • APC Primaries Crisis: Anambra House of Reps Elections Stall as Results Remain Unannounced After 5 Days
  • Desmond Elliot Pulls Out of Lagos Re-Election Race Amid Alleged Intimidation Claims
  • Anambra Industrial Agriculture Drive: Soludo Moves to Transform Food Security Through Large-Scale Farming
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

© 2025 iTimes Media & Production Limited

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • News
  • National
  • International
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Education
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Metro

© 2025 iTimes Media & Production Limited